SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – There are four approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccines available in the United States: Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Novavax and Johnson & Johnson.
According to the Centers for Disease and Control (CDC), everyone 6 months and older should get a COVID-19 vaccine.
Pfizer-BioNTech is available to those 6 months old and up. Moderna and Novavax are available to ages 12 and up. Johnson and Johnson’s Janssen is only available to those 18 and older.
For more information on second doses and boosters, visit the CDC’s website linked here.
Where can I get the vaccine?
Numerous options are available, from health departments and hospitals to pharmacies and clinics. WSAV has listed out many of those options below, but here are quick links for the state health department vaccine locators and their helplines:
- Georgia Department of Public Health | 888-457-0186
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control | 1-866-365-8110
DHEC has expanded its homebound vaccination program to all 46 counties. Call the vaccine information line above to make arrangements.
Georgia residents who are homebound can email HVS@dph.ga.gov with the following information for the person requiring an at-home vaccination: name, date of birth, address, city, county and phone number.
Public health departments
The Southeast Health District serves several counties in the Coastal Empire, including Appling, Bacon, Bulloch, Candler, Coffee, Evans, Jeff Davis, Tattnall, Toombs and Wayne. Visit this link to make an appointment or call 1-855-473-4374.
The Coastal Health District (CHD) serves Bryan, Camden, Chatham, Effingham, Glynn, Liberty, Long and McIntosh counties.
Patients are encouraged to check online to see which vaccines are available at each location.
CHD scheduling links:
- Chatham County Health Department – Eisenhower Clinic
- Effingham County Health Department
- Glynn County Health Department
- Liberty County Health Department
- Long County Health Department
- McIntosh County Health Department
- Pembroke Clinic
- Richmond Hill Clinic
- St. Marys Clinic
- Beaufort Memorial (Beaufort)
- Coastal Care Partners
- Hilton Head Regional Healthcare | 843-689-7282 (Bluffton)
- J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center (Savannah)
- Memorial Health (Savannah)
- Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center | 843-789-6900 (Savannah and Hinesville)
- Southeast Georgia Health System | 912-466-7222 (Brunswick and Kingsland)
- St. Joseph’s/Candler (Savannah)
- Burke’s Pharmacy | 843-681-2622 (Hilton Head)
- Sam’s Club
- Village Walk Pharmacy | 912-598-8669 (Savannah)
Students in the University System of Georgia have access to COVID-19 vaccination sites on campuses across the state. Visit the USG Vaccination Locator online or take a look below at the information for sites in Savannah and Statesboro.
Savannah State University:
- King Frazier Student Center (3219 College Street
- Register online in advance
Georgia Southern University:
- University Health Service (984 Plant Drive)
- Appointments must be made at 912-478-2273 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wisconsin pro-Trump ‘fake electors’ settle lawsuit over false 2020 filings
- Community Corner: “4 The Jewel N U”
- Community Corner: Debutante Cotillion and Scholarship Ball
- Bedbug hoax targeting foreign visitors to Greece, officials say
- McDonald’s plans unprecedented growth over the next 4 years with 10,000 new stores