WSAV has gathered important Hurricane Dorian information for McIntosh County residents.
On Sunday, Sept. 1, Governor Brian Kemp issued a mandatory evacuation order for county residents east of I-95, effective noon Monday. This includes all of the City of Darien.
A local state of emergency has been declared in the county.
McIntosh County will be under curfew from 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4 to 7 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 5.
McIntosh County officials advised Wednesday that areas near the following roadways are expected to be affected by storm surge: Harris Neck Roadway, Shellman Bluff Road at White Chimney River, Old Shellman Bluff Road, Valona Road, the Seabreeze Island Causeway and the Black Island Causeway.
- McIntosh County Schools will be closed through Friday
- All county offices will be closed through Thursday
- Coastal Health District Health Departments closed through Thursday
- The McIntosh YMCA will be closed through Thursday
- Wells Fargo branches will be closed through Wednesday