From school closings to evacuation orders, WSAV has gathered important information for Liberty County residents.
On Sunday, Sept. 1, Governor Brian Kemp issued a mandatory evacuation order for county residents east of I-95, effective noon Monday. For Liberty County, this includes residents of Lake George and Isle of Wight.
For those in need of evacuation assistance, transportation will be made available beginning at 5 p.m. and ending at 7 p.m. Monday. Those needing transportation should report to the Shuman Recreation Center (800 Tupelo Trail in Hinesville). Animals brought to this location must be in cages and have current shot records.
Call the Emergency Operations Center at 912-368-2202 for more information.
Schools are closed Monday, Sept. 2 for Labor Day; additional closures have been announced:
- Liberty County School System closed through Friday
- All Georgia Southern campuses, including Liberty, closed through Thursday
- Coastal Health District Health Departments closed through Thursday
- The Liberty County YMCA will be closed through Thursday
Businesses and others
- Oglethorpe Family Dental will be closed through Friday
- Optim Orthopedics, Health System closed until further notice
- Wells Fargo in Hinesville closed through Thursday
Liberty County will have sandbags for residents who live in flood-prone areas starting Monday at the Liberty County Road Department (1079 Bacontown Road, Midway). The site will be open from 8 to 6 p.m
Residents are asked to bring their own tools. There is a limit of no more than 20 bags per household.
The county has not issued any curfews at this time.