The qualifying period has ended in Chatham County. Candidates had until Friday, Aug. 23 to officially throw their hat into the ring for the 2019 municipal election on Tuesday, Nov. 5.
News 3 has gathered a list of those who have qualified. We will update this page with additional information on candidates in the coming weeks.
- Mayor: Eddie W. DeLoach (incumbent), Van Johnson, Regina Thomas, Louis Wilson, Sr.
- Alderman At-Large Post 1: Carol Bell (incumbent), Kesha Gibson-Carter
- Alderman At-Large Post 2: Tony Center & Alicia Blakely
- District 1 Alderman: Bernetta Lanier, Peter Pannizzo
- District 2 Alderman: Bill Durrence (incumbent), Detric Leggett
- District 3 Alderman: John Hall (incumbent), Linda Wilder-Bryan
- District 4 Alderman: Nick Palumbo
- District 5 Alderman: Estella Edwards Shabazz (incumbent)
- District 6 Alderman: Antonio Hunter, Kurtis Purtee, Tony Thomas (incumbent)
- Mayor: Don Bethune (incumbent), Gary Monroe
- Council District 2: Debbie Ruiz (incumbent)
- Council District 3: Bruce Campbell (incumbent), Natalyn Morris
- Council District 4: Rosetta Bryant Cody (incumbent), Richard Lassiter, Jr., Juanita Longmire
- Mayor: Rebecca Benton, Adam Bridges, David Burke, Steve Larson,
- Council: Bruce Allen (incumbent), Shannon Black (incumbent), Aaron Higgins, Tom Hutcherson, Falgun “Pappu” Patel, Michael Royal (incumbent), Stevie Wall (incumbent), John Wilcher, Karen Williams
- Mayor: Wanda Doyle, Mack Kitchens, Shirley Sessions
- Council: John Bremer, Barry Brown (incumbent), Jay Burke III, Nancy DeVetter, Fidelia Fowler, Sean Joyce, David McNaughton, Brian West
The Tybee City Council seat Shirley Sessions vacated in order to run for mayor up for grabs, but only for the duration of the current term and not a full four years.
Sessions had a little over two years left, and due to city bylaws, the election will only be for that duration. The election will be held on the same date as the other races.
Current candidates are Mary McLemore, Martin Rowe and Jack Boylston. The qualifying period ends Wednesday, Aug. 28 at 1:30 p.m.
- Intendant: James Hungerpiller
- Council: Gustavous Bell, IV, Laura Lawton, Josh McKenzie, Richard Schulze, Jr.