AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Augusta National Golf Club has announced plans for limited patron attendance at this year’s Masters Golf Tournament.
The 85th Masters Tournament is scheduled for April 5 through 11 with efforts being made to follow health and safety standards to include a limited number of patrons.
“Following the successful conduct of the Masters Tournament last November with only essential personnel, we are confident in our ability to responsibly invite a limited number of patrons to Augusta National in April,” said Fred Ridley, Chairman of Augusta National Golf Club. “As with the November Masters, we will implement practices and policies that will protect the health and safety of everyone in attendance. Nothing is, or will be, more important than the well-being of all involved. While we are disappointed that we will be unable to accommodate a full complement of patrons this year, we will continue our efforts to ensure that all who purchased tickets from Augusta National will have access in 2022, provided conditions improve.”
Chairman Ridley also announced the Augusta National Women’s Amateur and the Drive, Chip and Putt Finals will be held as scheduled with a limited number of patrons.
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp took to Twitter to commend Augusta National for keeping the tournament on safely.
Augusta National is in the process of communicating with all ticket holders of record, and refunds
will be issued to those patrons not selected to attend.
MORE SPORTS COVERAGE:
- Georgia Southern men’s basketball battles back to sweep Troy
- Georgia Southern men snap two-game losing skid
- Calvary, Country Day pick up strong wins in girls basketball
- Falcons pick Titans offensive coordinator Smith as new coach
- Culture, chemistry fuel Hilton Head Christian girls on 51-game region winning streak
- Georgia Southern releases baseball schedule
- AP source: Urban Meyer nearing deal to coach Jaguars
- Nick Saban wins Paul ‘Bear’ Bryant Coach of the Year Award
- New batch of Wolverines look to cement legacy at Woodville-Tompkins