SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – Summer is underway, but local health departments are already planning back-to-school clinics so students will have the required screenings and vaccinations they need for the upcoming year.
The Coastal Health District encourages parents to take advantage of these summer clinics and avoid the back-to-school rush.
Clinics are available for students who need immunizations and vision, hearing, dental and nutrition screenings. The HPV vaccine is also recommended for both girls and boys at ages 11 and 12.
Students entering a Georgia school for the first time (meaning they’ve never enrolled in a Georgia school before) must have completed a screening form.
Other stipulations apply. For more information, visit here.
- 430 Ledford Street
- Tuesday, July 12 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Visit this link to book an appointment or call 912-653-4331
Richmond Hill clinic:
- 66 Captain Matthew Freeman Drive
- Tuesday, July 19 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Book an appointment at this link or call 912-756-2611
Appointments are required. Most insurance is accepted.
St. Mary’s clinic:
- 905 Dilworth Street
- Thursday, July 14 from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 20 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Too book an appointment, visit this link or call 912-882-8515
- 1501 Georgia Ave.
- Wednesday, July 27 from 8:30 to 11:00 a.m. and 1 to 3:30 p.m.
Screenings are available at no cost for Chatham County students. Normally, a $30 fee applies.
- Where: 1395 Eisenhower Drive, Savannah
- Thursday, July 7 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, July 28 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Students will be seen on a first come, first served basis, and no appointment is necessary.
For additional information, call the Chatham County Health Department at 912-356-2441.
- Where: 2747 Fourth St. in Brunswick
- When: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesdays
- July 13
- July 20
- July 27
- Aug. 3
To book an appointment, call 912-264-3961.
- Where: 1113 E. Oglethorpe Hwy. in Hinesville
- Thursday, July 14 from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, July 21 from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Anyone with out-of-state immunization records should drop those records off at the Liberty County Health Department at least one week prior to their appointment.
- Where: 584 North Macon St. in Ludowici
- Thursday, July 14 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 11 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 5:30 p.m.
Most insurance is accepted, and appointments are required.
- Where: 1335 Hwy. 57 in Townsend
- Thursday, June 16 from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, August from 1 to 6 p.m.