SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – Municipal election qualifications for those wishing to run for office are in full swing throughout the state.
News 3 has put together a comprehensive guide of qualified candidates and important dates for you to know before you head to the polls.
How to register to vote
The Georgia Secretary of State has a website called My Voter Page dedicated to any voting-related questions. Anyone can log in with their personal information to see if they are registered to vote, receive a card with your polling place and where their polling place is.
If you aren’t registered to vote, you can also register through the website.
You must be registered by October 7 in order to be eligible to vote this year.
Election Calendar and Important Dates
Elections here in Savannah are run with the help of the Chatham County Board of Election.
- Voter Registration Deadline: Monday, October 7, 2019
- Election Day: Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Election Runoff: Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Who has qualified to run in November
The qualifying period goes from Monday, August 19 to Friday, August 23. News 3 is keeping track of the candidates who have officially qualified and will continue to update the list.
(Last update: Thursday, Aug. 22 at 5:30 p.m.)
- Mayor: Eddie DeLoach (incumbent), Van Johnson, Regina Thomas, Louis Wilson, Sr.
- Alderman At-Large Post 1: Carol Bell (incumbent), Kesha Gibson-Carter
- Alderman At-Large Post 2: Alicia Blakely, Tony Center
- District 1 Alderman: Bernetta Lanier, Peter Pannizo
- District 2 Alderman: Bill Durrence (incumbent), Detric Leggett
- District 3 Alderman: John Hall (incumbent), Linda Wilder-Bryan
- District 4 Alderman: Nick Palumbo
- District 5 Alderman: Estella Edwards Shabazz (incumbent)
- District 6 Alderman: Antonio Hunter, Kurtis Purtee, Tony Thomas (incumbent)
- Mayor: Don Bethune (incumbent), Gary Monroe
- Council District 2: Debbie Ruiz (incumbent)
- Council District 3: Bruce Campbell (incumbent), Natalyn Morris
- Council District 4: Rosetta Bryant Cody (incumbent), Richard Lassiter, Jr., Juanita Longmire
- Mayor: Adam Bridges, Steve Larson
- Council: Bruce Allen (incumbent), Shannon Black (incumbent), Aaron Higgins, Tom Hutcherson, Falgun “Pappu” Patel, John Wilcher, Karen Williams
- Mayor: Wanda Doyle, Mack Kitchens, Shirley Sessions
- Council: Barry Brown (incumbent), Fidelia Fowler, David McNaughton, Brian West
- Council Post 2: Michael Gerwig
- Council: Justin Cribbs (incumbent), Steve Shealy (incumbent), Gary Whiteman (incumbent),
- Council: Reese Browher (incumbent), James Dasher (incumbent), Paul Wendelken (incumbent)
- Council Post 2: Robbie Ward
- Council Post 3: Bill Donahue (previously appointed), Mark Ott
- Council Post 4: Les Fussell (previously appointed), Steve Scholar
- Mayor: Judy Cook (incumbent)
- Council District 4: Tiffany Walraven (incumbent)
- Council District 2: Paulette Chavers, Sam Jones (incumbent)
- Council District 3: Jeff Yawn (incumbent)
- Council District 5: Derek Duke (incumbent)
- Mayor: Allen Brown (incumbent), Liston Singletary, III
- Council District 1: Diana Reid, Cathey Winn
- Council District 2: Jason Floyd (incumbent), Richard Hayes
- Council District 3: Vicky Nelson (incumbent), Arthur Nixon
- Council District 4: Keith Jenkins (incumbent), Dexter Newby
- Council District 5: Karl Riles (incumbent)