SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – Some local restaurants are coming together in honor of Anthony Bourdain, a legendary chef who died in June 2018.
Three weeks ago, chefs Éric Ripert and José Andrés posted a video on Instagram proclaiming June 25 as #BourdainDay to celebrate their friend’s life, legacy and birthday.
The chef died by suicide last year. Tuesday would have been his 63rd birthday.
A number of Savannah restaurants are honoring #BourdainDay by donating a portion of sales Tuesday to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), including:
- Fox & Fig Cafe – 321 Habersham Street
- The Collins Quarter – 151 Bull Street
- Zunzi’s Takeout & Catering – 108 E York Street
- The Public Kitchen & Bar – 1 W Liberty Street
- Green Truck Pub – 2430 Habersham Street
AFSP is the nation’s largest non-profit working to prevent suicide.
If you or someone you know is in a dangerous situation and needs help, visit here for a list of resources available for free, 24/7.