Residents displaced in Treat Ave. fire in Savannah

News
Treat Ave from Savannah Fire_1555070199753.jpg.jpg

Savannah Fire Rescue responded to a fire on Treat Avenue at 4:16 a.m. on Friday morning.

Firefighters say they discovered heavy smoke and flames streaming from the garage of a single story brick home. The car inside was on fire. The blaze extended to the garage walls and roof and caused heavy smoke damage throughout the house.

Firefighters put out the fire and prevented the flames from spreading to other portions of the house.

No one was injured. However, the power to the structure had to be cut. The two adult residents were displaced.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories