MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WATE) – A snake will be put on display for educational purposes after it was run over by a truck in West Tennessee.
The copperhead in Hardeman County was 49-inches long, which is just three inches shy of a world record for that species.
Officials say people should not be concerned about going into the woods, but they should be careful.
The snake has been donated to the TWRA.
Keep in mind, it’s against the law to intentionally kill venomous snakes in Tennessee.
- Trump visits Atlanta to discuss easing environmental law for infrastructure projects
- Summer Safety: Shade vs Direct Sunshine
- Tracking the Tropics: Differences in development basins around the world
- TRAFFIC: Harbor River Bridge on St. Helena Island closed due to malfunction
- Meet this week’s Perfect Pet: Bubba