BOLIVAR PENINSULA, Tex. (CNN/KPRC) — Rocks from the Gulf of Mexico were pushed onto Highway 87 in Bolivar Peninsula of Texas blocking the roadway for drivers. It’s another visual example of how strong Hurricane Laura is.
Laura made landfall near Cameron, Louisiana early Thursday morning with winds of more than 150 miles per hour. It’s only 1 of 10 storms to ever make landfall with those kinds of winds.
- ‘If it sounds too good to be true’: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- Hwy. 80 closed at Bull River bridge due to collision
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- Sonic adds Halloween-inspired drinks to its menu
- Monuments at Forsyth Park vandalized, SPD investigating