Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- New study says Georgians have lost $12 million in Covid schemes, some calling it a scamdemic
- After mask mandate, Savannah’s mayor warns of potential next steps
- Georgia asks judge to toss DOJ lawsuit targeting voting law
- PODCAST Ep. 79: Olympics chat and NBA draft night preview for Liberty County’s Davion Mitchell
- Boy, 14, charged in shooting death of 44-year-old SC woman