HINESVILLE, Ga. (WSAV) – A woman was taken to the hospital Wednesday evening after her 15-year-old daughter drove into a Hinesville gas station.
According to Hinesville Police Traffic Accident Investigator Aaron Brandt, the teen, driving on a learner’s permit, was pulling off of Highway 196 into the parking lot of a Handyland Exxon when she hit the gas peddle, thinking it was the brakes.
The impact of the crash caused portions of the wall to buckle and interior damage to the building. Cans of beer flew off the shelves inside a refrigeration unit.
The crash occurred shortly before 5 p.m.
- Norfolk to Savannah: Group of friends takes 800-mile bike ride to bring awareness to cancer
- RBC Heritage Day 3: Cink maintains lead, Morikawa to play in final pairing
- Saint James Catholic Church hosts monthly drive-thru food pantry
- In Minneapolis, armed patrol group tries to keep the peace
- Navalny’s doctor: Putin critic ‘could die at any moment’