LAMAR, SC (WBTW) – A South Carolina murder suspect has been released on bond after spending nearly two years locked up.
Devon Demarco Rembert, 18, of Hartsville, bonded out of the Darlington County jail on Thursday after being charged in April 2018 for the shooting death of a teenager in Lamar. His bond was $65,000.
Rembert was charged with murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime when he was 16. His bond was denied during repeated attempts in the past.
Germaine McCoy, who was 18 at the time of his death, died at the scene of the shooting near Cambridge Apartments.
- Lawmakers push back as Trump threatens to veto defense bill
- Hilton Head Island mask requirement extended into new year
- SouthCoast Health physician answers your questions about best practices for handwashing
- The Record-Breaking 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season
- Local nonprofit hosts Christmas carol contest to help Savannah moms, children