FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A Florence man has been charged after allegedly threatening law enforcement following the death of a Florence Regional Airport officer.
Karl Pace Mayo, III, of Florence, was arrested by investigators on January 8, according to the Florence County Sheriff’s Office. Mayo has been charged with one count of breach of peace and one count of a violation of the Computer Crime Act.
Investigators allege that “on or about January 5, 2020,” following the death of Florence Regional Airport Officer Jackson Winkeler, Mayo “posted a threat to law enforcement officers on social media by offering to purchase ammunition for anyone who wanted to kill law enforcement.”
Mayo was booked into the Florence County Detention Center around 1:30 p.m. January 8, booking records show. He was released around 3:15 p.m. January 9 on a $1,558.90 surety bond.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Tom Steyer brings campaign message to the Lowcountry
- Georgia Southern to host Sexual Assault Awareness Week in Statesboro this week
- Lowcountry men plead guilty in heroin-fentanyl mixture overdose case
- Photo Gallery: One Hundred Children’s Foundation celebrates 25 years of service
- BCSO seeks public’s help identifying 3 larceny suspects