FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A Florence man has been charged after allegedly threatening law enforcement following the death of a Florence Regional Airport officer.
Karl Pace Mayo, III, of Florence, was arrested by investigators on January 8, according to the Florence County Sheriff’s Office. Mayo has been charged with one count of breach of peace and one count of a violation of the Computer Crime Act.
Investigators allege that “on or about January 5, 2020,” following the death of Florence Regional Airport Officer Jackson Winkeler, Mayo “posted a threat to law enforcement officers on social media by offering to purchase ammunition for anyone who wanted to kill law enforcement.”
Mayo was booked into the Florence County Detention Center around 1:30 p.m. January 8, booking records show. He was released around 3:15 p.m. January 9 on a $1,558.90 surety bond.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Griggs, Carter square off in debate for Georgia’s 1st congressional district
- ‘People don’t want to eat outside’: Langevin concerned for restaurant industry as winter approaches
- ‘It’s inhumane’: Breast cancer patient says hospital room at Memorial Health was unsanitary
- Tropical Storm Epsilon could become hurricane near Bermuda
- Savannah mayor says ‘people are tired’ but COVID-19 fight isn’t over