SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – A City Market restaurant is closed temporarily following a fire Monday afternoon.

The Savannah Fire Department was called in for a report of a grease fire at Belford’s Savannah Seafood & Steaks, located on West Saint Julian Street.

Savannah Fire said crews arrived just before 1:45 p.m. to find the fire extended up into the exhaust system. Firefighters had to access the roof to extinguish the ventilation system.

Just before 3 p.m., Savannah Fire confirmed the fire had been extinguished.

Crews remained on the scene for another half hour, officials said, to monitor hotspots and help workers squeegee water out of the building.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

According to a restaurant employee, Belford’s may remain closed into next week. The health department will have to deem it safe to reopen.