The City of Savannah will host two meetings on Thursday to discuss proposed changes to the Alcoholic Beverages Ordinance and Alcohol Density Overlay District Ordinance.
Tentative changes include:
- Defining convenience stores and establishing the distance requirements between them to both sell alcohol
- Strengthening alcohol permitting for temporary events, such as those held for an organization- how many temporary permits could be issued each year
- Eliminating alcohol beverage license transfers
- Requiring businesses to submit security plans for all license classifications, not just those for on-premise consumption/ by the drink and event venues
- Referencing responsible parties, including doormen
- Defining a leasable retail area in Alcohol Density Overlay District
The meetings are scheduled for Thursday, February 28, at the Savannah Civic Center, O’Connor Room, from noon to 6 p.m.
To submit questions, click here.