STATESBORO, Ga. (WSAV) – A group of students at Georgia Southern University with family in the Bahamas are collecting supplies to send home after Hurricane Dorian devastated the islands.
Officials say the storm killed at least 30 people, including three of GS student Brittni Swain’s close family members. Dozens of other students at the university have personal ties to the island. They told News 3 that they are all still emotional, but trying to stay strong to get their loved ones the supplies they need.
“We’re taking medicine, food, water, canned goods; all the basic necessities that everyone would need for themselves,” Zae Moss, a GS student said. “We need them back at home because we lost everything, honestly.”
Students will be collecting supplies through next week. If you’d like to donate, you can do so at:
- -GS student union
- -The Vault office at 1699 Statesboro Pl Cir, Statesboro, GA 30458
- – The Property Mart 1800 Chandler Rd, Statesboro, GA 30458
- -102 Reserve Lane, Statesboro, GA 30458
Or if you would like to speak with the organizers you can contact them:
- Brittni Swain: email@example.com or 912-695-6210
- Versace Nicolls: firstname.lastname@example.org or 912-342-3323
If you’re in the Savannah area, click here to learn how you can help.