SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV)
An extension cord is the likely cause of the East 34th Street fire which damaged two homes and displaced five people early Friday morning.
The fire broke out around 3 a.m. Firefighters discovered a two-story home which was fully engulfed. Flames had spread to the second floor of the neighboring home. Crews worked quickly to extinguish both fires and prevented the blaze from extending to other portions of the house.
No one was injured, but a total of five residents from the two homes were displaced.