Savannah Sunday morning house fire displaces family of three

Local News

SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – Savannah Fire officials battled an early morning house fire Sunday that displaced a family.

The fire started in the laundry room on a home on Van Nuys Boulevard and quickly spread.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames and, luckily, there were no reported injuries from the fire.

Fire officials say smoke alarms in the family’s home alerted them of the fire and helped them safely get out of their home.

Officials want to remind residents to test their smoke alarms monthly.

Savannah homeowners can call 912-651-6756 for a free smoke alarm and battery replacement.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories