Crews extinguish fire on Savannah Mall rooftop

Local News
savannah fire logo_358323

SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – Crews have extinguished a fire that broke out on the rooftop of the Savannah Mall Thursday afternoon.

According to the Savannah Fire Department, cardboard caught fire as workers were repairing a rooftop AC above the mall’s Target store.

Officials say the flames did not extend into the building, but shoppers had to temporarily shelter in a safe place as firefighters checked for hotspots.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories