The City of Savannah is in the process of updating the Alcoholic Beverages Ordinance and Alcohol Density Overlay District Ordinance.
Prior to finalizing the revisions to these two ordinances, the city has invited the community to provide additional feedback through a survey which will be available through April 4.
The survey is available on the City’s website at www.savannahga.gov/alcohol.
Participants provided feedback on the following items during a prior meeting held in February:
- Defining convenience stores
- Establishing distance requirements between convenience stores
- Strengthening alcohol permitting for temporary events
- Eliminating alcohol beverage license transfers
- Requiring the submittal of security plans for all license classifications
- Referencing responsible parties, including doormen
- Defining leasable retail area in Alcohol Density Overlay District
A follow-up public meeting will be held in mid-April to review the survey results as well as the proposed revisions prior to formal consideration by City Council.
Questions regarding the ordinance should be directed to email@example.com or 912-525-3097.