BEAUFORT, S.C. (WSAV) – A Burton firefighter accused of soliciting a minor is now out of a job as he awaits extradition back to Beaufort County.
The Beaufort Police Department tells News 3 Brandon Thomsen, 46, faces charges of criminal solicitation of a minor and dissemination of obscene material to a person under 18 years old.
For several days, his whereabouts were unknown, but police announced last week he was located at a medical facility in Brunswick, Georgia, which he was at for an “unknown reason.”
The Burton Fire District placed Thomsen on immediate suspension pending the ongoing investigation. In a release, the district said Thomsen had not been on duty at the fire station since Aug. 20.
On Tuesday, Burton Fire confirmed he is no longer with the Department. Thomsen remains in Brunswick at this time.
- GDOE to provide bonus payment to every public-school teacher, school staff member
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Vice President-elect Harris to resign her Senate seat Monday
- Florida woman makes emergency plane landing in Bryan County
- The most — and least — affordable neighborhoods in the U.S., according to Trulia