1 injured in kitchen fire on West 38th Street

Local News

SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – One person was injured in a fire Tuesday in the Cuyler-Brownsville neighborhood.

According to the Savannah Fire Department, crews were dispatched to the 900 block of W. 38th St. shortly before 8 p.m. for a fire.

Officials say one person reportedly walked away from food cooking on the stove and returned to find the kitchen on fire. The individual suffered second-degree burns and was taken to an area hospital for treatment.

Firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the fire, but it caused extensive smoke and fire damage throughout the house. Savannah Fire says in total, three people were displaced.

“Remember, always set timers while cooking,” the department reminds residents. “Never leave food on the stove unattended. Turn the burners off if you have to leave the room.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories