Chatham County authorities say a fire system switch malfunction was the cause of a temporary suspension of 911 operations early Tuesday morning.
According to a spokeswoman for Chatham County, a fire system emergency switch, which controls the fire system used for the server and data center in a separate part of the building, malfunctioned.
All occupants in the building were evacuated for a few minutes as it was investigated. Several operators went to an E911 backup center at the Savannah Civic Center as a precaution.
Chatham County says that no calls were missed and there was “little to no impact” on residents.
Tonight at 10 & 11 on News 3, hear how the county plans to prevent an incident like this from happening in the future.