BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WKRG) – Jerry Perkins and his wife Louise have been together for nearly 65 years.
With the coronavirus threat, this is the first time he hasn’t been able to have any sort of physical contact with her.
Louise has been in an assisted living facility in Bay Minette for 1,083 days.
On Monday Jerry and his daughter, Sandra, visited the facility and were only able to communicate with their loved one through a window.
Jerry sang “You Are My Sunshine” to his 83-year-old wife, letting her know how much he loved her.
“Going in there to see and just to be a glass apart from us was very encouraging to us to be able to see her,” their daughter said.
- T.S. Cristobal expected to make landfall Sunday evening
- ‘Things will change:’ Call to Action Rally held in Forsyth Park
- “Horsepower for Kids” event raises donations for equine therapy center
- Statesboro woman charged with murder in Friday morning shooting
- Pandemic makes for a lonely D-Day observance in Normandy