SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – Savannah District 6 Alderman Kurtis Purtee has tested positive for the coronavirus.
“Not the holiday news I was looking for,” he wrote on Facebook.
The alderman also works as a police captain at Georgia Southern University’s Armstrong campus.
Purtee said he’s “really sick” and has experienced fatigue and trouble breathing.
“Jacob and I ask for your prayers and blessings at this time for speedy recovery,” he wrote. “It’s been a very trying year for many of us. I’ve done everything I could to possibly avoid getting this.”
Savannah City Council has held their meetings online for several months.
- State Recap 2/27: Johnson boys, girls basketball punch tickets to Elite Eight
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- City of Hinesville hosts Arbor Day tree-planting event
- 3 dead after Florida-bound plane crashes in Georgia
- Statesboro’s One Boro Commission to host violence prevention public forum