SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – After big Black Friday offerings each year, Small Business Saturday serves as a day to support local and independent businesses.
Amid supply chain issues and economic impacts related to COVID, some small business owners say the shopping event is essential.
The Better Business Bureau, which helps consumers find trusted businesses, offers the following advice for this Small Business Saturday:
- Get involved by supporting local events
- Sign up for email alerts and save a few dollars on your holiday budget with specials
- Research the shops nearest to you
- Connect with businesses online and use #Shop Small on social media to share your support
- Invite friends and family to shop with you
- Eat small, too, at local restaurants, bakeries and coffee shops
- Leave a review to help support small businesses year-round
Small Business Saturday has been around since 2010 when it was created by American Express.