STATESBORO, Ga. (WSAV) – Police say a chemical spill near Georgia Southern’s Recreation Activity Center (RAC) has been contained.
Just before 10 a.m. Thursday, the Statesboro Police Department issued an alert about the incident urging the public to avoid the general area. The parking lot was closed for a brief period.
As of 11 a.m., the department says a majority of the parking lot and RAC are back open to students.
Those in the area are urged to stay outside of barriers that have been put up in the area.
Latest posts from WSAV:
- Eagles notch historic win at Georgia State 79-70
- Gov. Kemp names coronavirus task force including Senator from Savannah
- Lawmakers push federal bill that would fight rise in maternal mortality
- Eastern Wharf fire could take days to fully extinguish
- Lawmakers call on Trump Administration to do more about Russian meddling in election