STATESBORO, Ga. (WSAV) – Police say a chemical spill near Georgia Southern’s Recreation Activity Center (RAC) has been contained.
Just before 10 a.m. Thursday, the Statesboro Police Department issued an alert about the incident urging the public to avoid the general area. The parking lot was closed for a brief period.
As of 11 a.m., the department says a majority of the parking lot and RAC are back open to students.
Those in the area are urged to stay outside of barriers that have been put up in the area.
Latest posts from WSAV:
- Bulloch County schools to receive new safety features
- ONLY ON 3: Father shares story after son killed in Chatham Co. fire
- Judiciary Committee questions Lewandowski in first impeachment investigation hearing
- Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office believes composites could crack cold case murder
- Residents get a final look at ‘Downtown Savannah 2033’ master plan