SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – Independence Day is coming up on Thursday, July 4, and a whole host of events are happening to celebrate.
We’ve collected a list of popular events around the Coastal Empire and Lowcountry below. Be sure to check it out and visit this page again as we add more events.
The events listed below take place on Thursday, July 4, unless otherwise stated.
Marne Independence Day with Lady Antebellum
- Celebrate the Fourth at Fort Stewart with 7-time Grammy Award winner Lady Antebellum and special guest Caroline Jones
- The FREE concert at Donovan Field begins at 7 p.m. followed by fireworks at 10 p.m.
- Gates on base open at 3 p.m. with vendors, activities – $5 wristbands per person for unlimited play
- More details here
4th of July on the River
- Visit River Street for the Savannah Waterfront Association’s celebration & fireworks show
- Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m. overlooking the Savannah River
- Festivities will take place from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Rousakis Plaza, including face painting, radio entertainment, food and more
- VIP seating is available for military personnel and can be reserved here
- Savannah Police will close River Street off to all traffic from 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- More information available here
Tybee Island Fireworks
- Head to the beach for Tybee’s annual Independence Day fireworks show
- Fireworks will begin at dark, between 9:15 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- Officials say come early and plan to stay late
- Visit here for additional info
Bluffton Fireworks Celebration
- The show starts about 9 p.m.
- Can be seen from Bluffton Oyster Factory or Calhoun Street Dock
- For more information, visit here
Fireworks at Harbour Town
- Join in on the fun for a “fireworks extravaganza” over the Harbour Town Lighthouse and Calibogue Sound
- Happening 9 to 10 p.m. at 149 Lighthouse Road
- Food, fun and live music
- Additional information here
HarbourFest Fireworks at Shelter Cove
- Celebrate the Fourth on Hilton Head’s Shelter Cove
- Live music by Shannon Tanner, Cappy the Clown, face painting, games, treats & more from 6 to 10 p.m.
- Fireworks show starts at dusk
- Shelter Cove fireworks scheduled throughout the summer. See dates here.
Skull Creek Fireworks
- Fireworks will be launched from a barge in Skull Creek off of Hilton Head around 9:30 p.m.
- Head to Hudson’s Seafood House on the Docks, Skull Creek Dockside or the Skull Creek Boathouse for live, outside entertainment beginning at 6 p.m.
- All locations will have food and beverages available
- Coolers are not allowed
- Visit here for more details
Independence Day at Parris Island
- Free and open to the public, visit MCRD Parris Island’s Independence Day celebration
- Gates open at 5 p.m. with the Parris Island Band performance at 6:30 p.m.
- The fireworks show begins at 9:15 p.m. and will last about 20 minutes
- Coolers, pets and outside fireworks are not allowed
- Port Royal fireworks will immediately follow
- Those attending can RSVP on Facebook
Port Royal 4th of July Celebration
- Bring the family for live music, food, drinks and fireworks
- Party at the Port begins at noon with the band starting at 5 p.m.
- Fireworks will begin after Parris Island Fireworks, which start at 9:15 p.m. and are expected to last about 20 minutes
- Parking at the Sands is for handicap and golf carts only
- Following the event, foot traffic will leave first and have the right of way
- Coolers and pets are not allowed
- Boat ramp will be closed on July 3 at midnight
- RSVP on Facebook here
- After 4th Trash Pick Up happening on the Saturday from 8 to 10 a.m.
Kiwanis Independence Day Festival in St. Marys
- The 51st annual Kiwanis Independence Day Festival will be held all day in downtown St. Marys.
- 5K and 10K races start at 7 a.m. at St. Marys United Methodist Church. Arts and Crafts vendors will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the waterfront on St. Marys and Seagrove Streets. Food vendors will be on hand until 10 p.m.
- Patriotic parade begins at 10 a.m. at Meeting Street and ends at Bryant Street East. The parade theme is Hometown Heroes.
- Entertainment begins at 11 a.m. at the St. Marys Waterfront amphitheater.
- Fireworks display over the river begins at 9 p.m.
- A river cruise will board at 7 p.m. and cruise to Cumberland Sound, then return for the fireworks display. Tickets are $20, cash or check only, and can be purchased at the St. Marys or the Kingsland Welcome Center.
- For more information contact the St. Marys Welcome Center 912-882-4000 or go to VisitStMarys.com or SMKiwanis.com.
Want your event added? Email us here and we’ll review it.