SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – Hispanic Heritage Month is held each year from Sept. 15 through Oct. 15 to celebrate the histories, cultures and contributions of Hispanic Americans.
All month long, WSAV has been sharing their stories, from the essential Hispanic agriculture workers tackling new challenges amid the pandemic to a Peruvian immigrant who has made her dream of owning her own restaurant a reality.
Watch our 2020 special featuring these stories and more from around the country.
- Latina immigrant’s longtime dream realized in area’s first Peruvian restaurant
- Local Hispanic networking organization brings Hispanic entrepreneur to Savannah for seminar
- Hispanic church strives to help community through spiritual, legal aid
- Latino community leaders reflect on local ‘boom’ of Hispanic influence
- Mayor Johnson announces formation of Hispanic task force, HOLA Savannah
- Essential Hispanic agricultural workers tackle new challenges getting food to your table