SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) — The Savannah Fire Department (SFD) put out a small fire at Shuman Elementary School Tuesday afternoon.

According to the fire department, the fire started in the ceiling of a classroom but was quickly extinguished.

All students and faculty members were accounted for and no one was injured during the incident.

SFD says they are currently on scene ventilating the structure.

SCCPSS released a statement regarding the incident just before 6:00 p.m. The school district says that Shuman Elementary will have a virtual learning day on Wednesday, March 8 due to the lingering smell of smoke.