PEMBROKE, NC (WBTW) – Two arrests have been made in Pembroke, North Carolina in connection with a murder that happened in Georgia.
The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office says Cody Rienks, 27, and Kelly Hill, 36, were arrested Tuesday at a house on Tracy Sampson Road in Pembroke. Deputies and the US Marshals Service Carolinas Fugitive Task Force helped to make the arrests.
Rienks and Hill are each charged with being a fugitive of justice and are being held in the Robeson County Detention Center without bond.
The charges are in relation to a homicide that happened in Waycross, Georgia on April 22. Deputies say the pair fled to Robeson County in the victim’s vehicle after the killing. The victim’s vehicle was also located and seized at the time of the arrests.
The homicide is being investigated by the Ware County Sheriff’s Office. The pair will be extradited back to Georgia.
- Savannah Fire changes 5th bulb on safety wreath, marking another holiday fire
- CDC to shorten COVID-19 quarantine to 10 days, 7 with test
- Congress scrambles to avoid government shutdown
- Bipartisan lawmakers push $908B pandemic relief bill
- Congress hears from Mnuchin, Powell as CARES Act nears expiration