LONG COUNTY, Ga. (WSAV) – UPDATE: News 3 has learned more details related to a fire that destroyed a family of seven’s home Sunday afternoon in Long County.
According to Long County Volunteer Fire and Rescue Operations Captain Nicolas Maxwell, the fire started out as a grease fire in the home’s kitchen on the 200 block of Griffin Road.
Maxwell said when firefighters arrived, the home was 40% involved in flames. Walthourville Volunteer Fire and Rescue members were called to help. Firefighters went inside the home to attack the fire, but had to be pulled out due to the intense head and smoke.
The fire spread to the kitchen walls, then the attic, then spread quickly to the rest of the house as firefighters tried to put it out from outside.
Units from Hinesville and Liberty County Station 15 had to be called to help as well.
The family made it out of the home with no reported injuries, however they lost nearly everything. Clothing donations are being accepted for the family.
The family members provided the following sizing information for clothing donations:
- Male, age 10
- Pants: 30/32, shirt: 18/20, shoe: 9
- Male, age 9, husky build
- Pants: 18, shirt: 18/20, shoe: 7.5
- Male, age 6
- Pants: 7, shirt: 7, shoe 13 youth
- Male, age 5
- Pants: 6, shirt: 6, shoe: 12 youth
- Female, age 1
- Pants: 3T, shirt: 3T, shoe: 6 youth
- Female, age 50
- Pants: 14/16, shirt: 1x, shoe: 10
- Female, age 31
- Pants: 14/16, shirt: 2x, shoe: 10
To donate, contact Shannon and Shaquana Fleming at 912-321-6549.
LONG COUNTY, Ga. (WSAV) – A fire broke out and destroyed a mobile home Sunday afternoon in Long County.
A kitchen fire broke out around 12:30 p.m. Sunday in the 200 block of Griffin Road in Long County. Multiple fire departments responded.
There were no injuries reported.
This story is developing. News 3 will keep you updated.
Lewis Levine contributed to this story.