Family of 6 displaced after cooking fire in Burton

Crime & Safety

BURTON, S.C. (WSAV) – A family of six, including four children, are displaced after an early morning cooking fire on Sunday.

It happened around 3:30 a.m. Sunday at a house on Garet Smalls Road in Seabrook. Burton Fire and Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort responded and found the home heavily involved in fire.

The fire was quickly contained, but took crews over an hour to fully extinguish.

A Burton Fire Marshal told News 3 the fire was caused by unattended cooking on the stove. An adult female was taken to the hospital for minor burns or injuries. No one else was hurt.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Officials said this is the second cooking related fire this week, the last one displacing a family of seven.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories