Crews extinguish fire at home on Shell Ring Road in Sea Pines

Crime & Safety

HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (WSAV) – Hilton Head Island Fire Rescue extinguished a fire at a home in Sea Pines Sunday evening.

At 7:43 p.m., crews arrived at a home on Shell Ring Road and found thick smoke coming from the garage. The fire was under control at 7:50 p.m.

All residents evacuated the home before firefighters arrived, and no injuries were reported.

Fire officials say the flames originated in a workshop room in the home’s garage, where the homeowner was charging batteries for model airplanes. The fire stayed contained to the garage.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories