Adult, 3 children, dog displaced after bedroom fire

Crime & Safety

Photo provided by the Savannah Fire Department.

SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) — A fire displaced one adult, three children and a dog after a fire on the 1500 block of Cathy Street.

No one was hurt in the May 14 fire, according to the Savannah Fire Department.

Firefighters discovered the flames in a bedroom closet that extended to the attic. Clothes caught fire causing smoke to fill the home. The family dog was rescued from a smoky bedroom.

Residents said electrical work was recently done that resulted in flickering lights, Savannah Fire Department said.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories