It’s been three weeks since a tornado ripped through Whitemarsh Island.
Many are still working to pick up the pieces, like the Oatland Island Wildlife Center.
The beloved education and conservation center took quite the hit, and they could use your help.
Because of safety concerns, they are handling reconstruction and cleanup on their own. But there are several opportunities for the community to pitch in.
Take a look at the list of fundraisers below:
– Saturday 8/18 – Lemonade Sale at Islands Ace Hardware
Stop by the store from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for an ice cold cup of lemonade!
– Saturday 8/18 – Barracuda Classic – 4:00 p.m. at Savannah Bend Marina
– Thursday 8/23 – Papa John’s Night!
Get your pizza fix at the Isle of Hope/Skidaway location.
– Friday 8/24 – World of Beer Bingo night
Bingo plus a raffle starting around 9:00 p.m.
– Wednesday 8/29 – Papa Murphy’s Pizza – all Savannah locations
– Tuesday 9/4 – Molly McGuire’s Wilmington Island AND Tubby’s Thunderbolt
20% of all orders rung between 5:30 and 8:00 p.m. will go back to Oatland Island! (includes bar and takeout)
– Wednesday 9/12 – Painting with a Purpose at Painting with a Twist
Stop by from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. to create a unique wolf painting created especially for Oatland!
If you can’t make it to one of the fundraisers, you can also visit their website to donate. Just click or tap here.