SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – Blessings In A Bookbag is once again offering a helping hand to local families for the holidays.
Wednesday afternoon, the organization held its 9th annual Christmas toy giveaway near Conners Temple Church.
The event was made possible by The Eicholz Law Firm’s weekend toy drive, filling up one of Savannah’s Old Town Trolleys.
Blessings In A Bookbag says during these tough times, giving back is more important than ever.
“If I can be a part of just a little bit of joy, and you mean to tell me that a toy is the only thing I have to do, then I’ll do that,” said the organization’s founder, Mahogany Bowers.
“It’s about the giveback, it’s about the feeling, it’s not so much about the inanimate object,” she said. “It’s more so about us coming together as a community.”
The group was able to give out around 500 toys just in time for Christmas.
- Dr. Fauci is highest-paid federal employee, report says
- Coastal Health District closing some COVID-19 testing sites to focus on vaccine rollout
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers
- ‘No Hard Feelings’: Patriots fans still rooting for Brady
- ‘It certainly makes sense’: Mayor Johnson calls again on Gov. Kemp to issue a statewide mask mandate