SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – As the world grapples with the coronavirus pandemic, News 3 is On Your Side with a running list of school closing information in the Coastal Empire and Lowcountry.
From schedule information to details on where to find meal distribution sites, take a look at the list below.
Gov. Brian Kemp has closed all public K-12 schools in Georgia for the remainder of the school year. His initial order was in place only from Wednesday, March 18 to Tuesday, March 31. In the Coastal Empire, this includes:
- Savannah-Chatham County Public School System
- SCCPSS is delivering meals one day each week with five days worth of food. Visit here for more information.
- Appling County Schools
- The school system is posting feeding site information on its Facebook page here
- Bacon County Schools
- View Bacon County feeding sites and information here
- Bryan County Schools
- Lunch distribution begins Monday, March 23. Visit here for more information.
- Bulloch County Schools
- For information on free meals, visit here
- Candler County Schools
- Effingham County School District
- School buses will deliver meals to designated locations; visit here for more information
- Evans County School System
- Visit here for “Feeding Site Fast Facts”
- Glynn County Public Schools
- Jeff Davis County School System
- For information on meal pickup, visit here
- Liberty County School System
- “Grab & Go Meals” available starting March 23. Visit here for more information.
- McDonald’s offering a free breakfast and/or lunch item to kids
- Long County Schools
- McIntosh County Schools
- Information on meal services is being posted on the school’s Facebook page here
- Montgomery County Schools
- The school system is posting information on its meal distribution on Facebook
- Screven County School System
- Meal distribution information is available online here
- Tattnall County Schools
- Feeding plan in place on Mondays and Wednesdays and will be suspended April 13-17 for spring break. More info on the school website
- Toombs County School System
- The school board is posting meal information on its Facebook page here
- Wayne County School System
- Feeding site information is available online here
- Bulloch Academy closed Monday, March 16; implementing online learning
- Trinity Christian School in Statesboro has canceled classes for two weeks. Headmaster David Lattner sent a message out explaining possible coronavirus exposure to students. Read more here.
- Ash Tree Learning Center Academy in Savannah closed Monday, March 20
- Savannah Classical Academy closed campus and will transition to distance learning on March 24 after spring break through the end of the school year.
- Urban Christian Academy and Daycare in Savannah closed
Colleges and universities
In addition, USG has decided all 26 of its institutions will move to online instruction for the remainder of the semester with “extremely limited exceptions.”
Locally, this applies to all courses at Georgia Southern University, East Georgia State College and Savannah State University.
- The University System of Georgia has moved to online instruction for the remainder of the semester with “extremely limited exceptions. Locally, this includes:
- Savannah State University
- Georgia Southern University
- East Georgia State College
- The Savannah College of Art and Design announced all spring quarter classes will be offered online only at their Savannah, Atlanta and Lacoste campuses. This includes spring commencement ceremonies.
- Saint Leo University’s Savannah Education Center classes will move online beginning Monday, March 16
- Savannah Technical College extended spring break until March 28. Beginning March 30, the college “will shift as much content as possible to online.”
South Carolina schools and universities
Gov. Henry McMaster has closed South Carolina schools through the end of the year due to the coronavirus outbreak. In the Lowcountry, this includes:
- Beaufort County Schools
- The district is offering free meals on weekdays to all students. For additional info, visit here.
- Hampton County School District One and Two
- Jasper County School District
- Read about the district’s “grab-n-go” lunch initiative online here
- University of South Carolina Beaufort: Spring break was extended March 16-21 and will transition from in-person instruction to online instruction through the end of the spring semester. For additional details, visit here.