Jeff Davis County Schools plan to return on a delayed start date, Thursday, Aug. 20. School officials say this will allow time for additional staff training on recommended safety protocols and new processes.
Families will have the option to choose in-person learning or remote at-home learning for their students. Those who select remote learning will need to complete the JDCSS Remote At-Home Learning Commitment Form by Thursday, July 23.
Families must commit to the entire first semester, meaning the first day through Dec. 17. Students learning at home will not be allowed to participate in athletics and/or extracurricular activities.
A Chromebook will be issued to students learning remotely, which must be returned on the last day of the semester.
Read the full reopening plan here.
Pre-K students must bring the items listed below.
- Backpack labeled with FIRST AND LAST NAME
- Small blanket for naptime
- Extra change of clothes (shoes, socks, shorts, shirt, and undergarments) – Please send this to school on the 1st day in a ziploc bag labeled with student’s FIRST AND LAST NAME
The following items listed below are requested, not required for Pre-K students.
- Paper towels
- Baby wipes
- Clorox wipes (if available)
- Germ-x (if available)
Lists for elementary and middle school students:
- Parent portal
- Coronavirus counseling services
- Jeff Davis Pre-K
- Jeff Davis Primary School
- Jeff Davis Elementary
- Jeff Davis Middle School
- Jeff Davis High School
- JD Choices Learning Academy