The Coffee County School System plans to open schools on Monday, Aug. 17.
A traditional, face-to-face model is encouraged by the district but a virtual learning option will be available for students to take classes online.
Pre-K students are not eligible for virtual learning. Elementary students must commit to this model for nine weeks. Middle and high school students must commit to virtual learning for a full semester.
Virtual instruction will be held daily, by a teacher through Google Meets and other resources.
Each student will have access to a Chromebook if requested during virtual registration. Parents will be responsible for providing a reliable internet connection.
Virtual learners will not be allowed to participate in extracurricular activities or athletics.
For those returning in person, masks are strongly encouraged and best practices for hand washing and social distancing will be implemented and reinforced.
Other health and safety procedures will be put into place. For example, parents should pre-screen students before sending them to school or bus stops. Any student with a temperature of 100.4° F or higher should not be sent to school.
All classrooms will be supplied with additional hand sanitizer and disinfectant. Buses will be sanitized between routes.
Should a school closure occur, all traditional learners will remain at home and learn remotely via Google Meets.
Open houses: Aug. 4, 5 and 6
School officials ask for limited visitors or two person per household, along with the student. Social distancing should be observed and masks should be worn if possible.
Any daily medications for students should be signed in by parent or guardian to the school nurse clinic during open house.
- Elementary schools: 3 to 6 p.m.
- Aug. 4 – Household Last Names A-G
- Aug. 5 – Household Last Names H-Q
- Aug. 6 – Household Last Names R-Z
- Coffee Middle School: 4 to 7 p.m.
- Aug. 4 – 6th Grade
- Aug. 5 – 7th Grade
- Aug. 6 – 8th Grade
- George Washington Carver Freshman Campus
- Aug. 4, 5 and 6 – Drive-thru schedule pickup from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Aug. 4 and 5 – Question & Answer stations in gym from 9 to 11 a.m. and 3 to 6 p.m.
- Wiregrass Regional College and Career Academy: 3 to 6 p.m.
- Aug. 4 – New students
- Aug. 5 – Returning students in grades 10-11
- Aug. 6 – Seniors
- Alternative Education Center
- Aug. 4, 5 and 6 from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Coffee High School: TBA