Recipe from Paul Abercrombie of Florence, Miss.
- 10 oz. white chocolate morsels
- 1 c. milk
- 3 c. whipping cream
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- Heat whipping cream.
- Add white chocolate. When chocolate is melted, remove from heat. ( You may want to use double boiler to avoid scorching.)
- In a double boiler, heat milk, sugar, eggs and yolks until warm.
- Blend small amount of egg mixture into cream and chocolate mixture so eggs want cook, stir. Then pour the rest together.
- Place bread slices in a baking pan.
- Pour 1/2 mixture over bread and let settle. Let bread soak up mixture, then top with rest of mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 275 degrees.
- Remove foil and bake 15 minutes until top is golden brown.
Serve hot or cold. Top with sauce and sprinkle with chocolate shavings
- 8 oz. melted white chocolate
- 3 oz. heavy cream
Use the same pot you used to blend the chocolate and cream from before. Melt white chocolate in double boiler. Remove from heat and mix in heavy cream. Spoon over bread pudding.
NOTE: May be kept at room temperature.