Savannah, Ga. The Savannah Boar Association, one of the teams competing in the American Diabetes Association's Kiss-a-Pig campaign, will host three events at World of Beer - Savannah in April to raise money for their team:
• Beer School, Monday, April 7 at 6:00pm. Tickets are $20 and include a flight of local/Georgia beer and a pint of your favorite from the flight. Tickets are available at World of Beer.
• Live Auction & Music, Saturday, April 12. Music by Blair Crimmins and The Hookers at 9:00pm and a Live Auction at 10:00pm. Free.
• "Tie One On," Thursday, April 17 at 5:00pm. Tickets are $20 per person and include three pints of Monday Night Brewing beers. After each pint, bartenders will cut off a part of your tie! After the third beer, your tie is cut up to the knot and you will receive a new Monday Night Brewing tie. Attendees are advised to wear a tie that they don't mind being destroyed! Following will be a live performance by Call the Cops from 8:00pm – 11:00pm.
Kiss-a-Pig is the largest diabetes awareness and fundraising campaign of the year for the American Diabetes Association (ADA). The Campaign Chairman is Anne Bolyea and the Presenting Sponsor is New River Auto Mall Luxury Group.
A contest between community leaders to raise money, Kiss-a-Pig is a regional campaign with competitors from throughout Southeast Georgia. At the end of the three month campaign, the team with the most money kisses a live pig, honored by ADA as the original source of insulin.
This year's theme, InstaHAM, will focus on social media to promote diabetes awareness and the events organized by team members.
The Savannah Boar Association is a team of lawyers and friends, led by Dave Smith of Searcy & Smith. Team members include:
• Dave Smith, Brannen, Searcy &Smith – Team Captain
• Ashleigh Madison, Southeast Law
• Robert Hughes, Brannen, Searcy &Smith
• Quentin Marlin, Ellis, Painter, Ratterree, Adams & Marlin
• Billy Otto, Savage, Turner, Kraeuter, Pinckney, Britt, Madison
• Colby Longley, McCorkle & Johnson
• Helen Bacon, Weiner, Shearouse, Weitz, Greenberg & Shawe
• Thomas Gore, Gore Law Firm
• Sarah Doan, Howard & Whatley
• Matt Toler, Bouhan Falligant
• Michelle Keri, Harbor Mortgage Company
Funds raised during the Kiss-a-Pig campaign benefit American Diabetes Association, the nation's leading organization dedicated to curing diabetes and improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes. Diabetes is the nation's fifth deadliest disease, killing more than 220,000 Americans each year. It is the leading cause of heart disease and stroke, adult blindness, kidney failure and non-traumatic amputations.
For more information about American Diabetes Association's Kiss-a-Pig campaign, contact Maria Center at 912-353-8110, ext. 3091 or email@example.com.