Crews battle early morning kitchen fire - Local news, weather, sports Savannah | WSAV On Your Side

Crews battle early morning kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:
GREENVILLE, N.C. - Fire and rescue crews responded to an early morning kitchen fire in a Greenville duplex.

It happened just after 4:00 a.m. on Wednesday at 112 Shiloh Drive.

Greenville Fire-Rescue officials say the residents of duplex were cooking when the fire started.

According to crews on scene, the kitchen is a total loss and the rest of the home was affected by heavy smoke damage.

The smoke alarms were working properly and residents were able to quickly evacuate the house and no one was injured.

The American Red Cross is assisting the residents of the duplex with shelter.

Powered by WorldNow

1430 East Victory Drive
Savannah, GA 31404

Telephone: 912.651.0300
Fax: 912.651.0320
Email: newsemailalert@wsav.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.