Update: Father Now Charged in Connection with Toddler's Death - Local news, weather, sports Savannah | WSAV On Your Side

New Video: Murder Charges Announced In Death Of Hinesville Child

Posted: Updated:
Torres Boles, Courtesy: Liberty County Jail Torres Boles, Courtesy: Liberty County Jail

New Development:

Bond has been denied for Torres and Candice Boles. Torres Boles has been charged with murder and cruelty to children. The mother, Candice Boles, has been charged with party to the crime of felony murder and cruelty to children. Both are being held at the Liberty County Jail.

The deceased three-year-old has been identified as Andraia Boles. The autopsy results have not been released to learn her cause of death. Police called Andraia's death suspicious after what investigators saw on the scene and at the hospital.

"When the child was transported to the hospital medical staff there identified to officers that there had possibly been some child abuse that had occurred with that child," said Hinesville Police Department Detective Doug Snider.

A neighbor who lives right down the road said it's hard to imagine someone acting violently towards a child.

"The girls next door they knew them and they played and how do you explain to them that your playmate isn't alive?" said Robert Wilson.

Another child who lived in the home has been placed in the custody of the department of family and children services.

Torres and Candice did not have a criminal record in Liberty County before this incident.

Background article:

The father of a Hinesville girl, whose death police say is suspicious, has now been arrested and charged with cruelty to children.  Torres Boles was arrested late Wednesday night and is now in the Liberty County Jail.

The mother of the Hinesville girl, had already been arrested and charged with cruelty to children.  Candice Boles was taken into custody earlier Wednesday night. The Hinesville Police Department continues to investigate the death of the 3-year old girl.  Police executed a search warrant Wednesday night at the home on Bannon Court.  Detectives removed the contents of a trash can in which toys and other children items were found.

Major Thomas Cribbs said police went to the house just before 8 a.m. after receiving a call about an unconscious child inside the home.  The three-year-old girl, who has not been identified, was pronounced dead at 8:30 a.m. at Liberty Regional Hospital.  They examined the child at the hospital saw something that was suspicious to us," said Cribbs.

Torres Boles, who has now been charged, is a Fort Stewart Soldier.  He told police that the girl got up to use the bathroom as he was leaving for work around 5:30am and that his wife, Candice Boles, later called to tell him the child was not breathing.

The report states Torres Boles did not inquire about what happened, assuming his wife called 911.  When he arrived home, he found the child laying on the bathroom floor and Candice Boles standing in the hallway.  Torres Boles, according to the report, checked  the youngster and she was not breathing and did not have a pulse. He then called for an ambulance.   

Police hope to learn the exact cause of death after an autopsy is performed Thursday at the crime lab in Savannah.  We will bring you more details as they are released. 

Powered by WorldNow

1430 East Victory Drive
Savannah, GA 31404

Telephone: 912.651.0300
Fax: 912.651.0320
Email: newsemailalert@wsav.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.