Recipe from Wayne Settoon of Baton Rouge, La.
Total Time: 15 minutes - 30 minutes
1 pint each strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or any available
¾ cup sugar (this varies depending on the sweetness of the berries)
1 jigger Grand Marnier Liqueur
1 each angel food cake
1 quart heavy whipping cream
1 cup powdered sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine berries, sugar & liqueur in a bowl, mix and set in refrigerator for two days.
2. Place cake in freezer the day before you plan on making this dish.
3. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks, then add sugar & vanilla extract and continue to mix to stiff peaks.
4. Fill a large pastry bag with a decorate tips & whipped cream.
5. Slice cake into 3 equal layers.
6. Separate juice from berries with a sieve.
7. Place juice in a squirt bottle works great.
8. Now you are ready to assemble. Put first layer of cake in bottom of Trivial dish.
9. Fill middle with whipping cream & run a bead around the outer edge of cake at glass.
10. Squirt juice on exposed cake fully then lay berries on the same area.
11. Repeat the steps for the next two layers…save one nice berry to be place onto of middle whipping cream.
12. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving and hopefully it won't last much longer after it is served.
Servings: 12 - 15
Comments: This is a good light dessert for the summer months.